Journeyman, Apprentice Carpenters, Pre-Apprentices & Semi Skilled Workers
- Construct, erect, install and strip wood and engineered formwork systems for columns, walls, suspended slabs, slab on grade and concrete stairs
- Erect and build scaffolding for access and concrete formwork decks
- Install anchor bolts and embedded steel for concrete pours
- Frame and finish exterior walls, roofs, interior walls, build stairs, decks, etc
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, erect walls and roof systems
- General labour duties and cleanup as required
- May work with or near chemicals, cranes and moving equipment
- Valid Carpenters certificate considered an asset, but not required if enrolled in the carpentry program.
- Have relevant experience in heavy commercial and/or civil concrete construction
- Have a minimum of 1-5 years’ experience working with concrete formwork including loose form and engineered formwork systems
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code and able to read blueprints
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Display good verbal and written communication skills when working with other employees
- Knowledge in trade related math and basic survey layout
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from a supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside – exposure to the elements
- Wages and fringes are at Union rates and also include medical/dental benefits and Pension contributions.
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.
If you believe in our values and are ready to do amazing work, please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
We value your interest in Campbell Construction Ltd. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.
Please also complete the BC Carpenters membership application and submit to their office. BC Carpenters union at: #210-2750 Quadra Street Victoria, BC V8T 4E8