Concrete Placers and Finishers
- Direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Place concrete in vertical formwork such as walls and columns
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete for concrete flatwork
- Operate power vibrator to consolidate concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straight edge or float
- Waterproof, damp-proof and restore concrete surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damage sections of floors, walls and concrete structures.
- At least 3 years previous commercial concrete flatwork finishing experience
- Experience vibrating concrete for vertical placement applications
- Able to operate a concrete power finish trowel, both hand and ride-on models
- Able to work varied hours, afternoons, evenings and early mornings as required
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Display good verbal and written communication skills when working with other employees
- Knowledge in trade related math, volumes and areas
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from a supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside – exposure to the elements
- Wages and fringes are at Union rates and also include medical/dental benefits and Pension contributions.
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.
How to Apply
If you believe in our values and are ready to do amazing work, please submit an application to email@example.com
We value your interest in Campbell Construction Ltd. While we can only respond to shortlisted applicants, we will keep your information on file and consider you for future opportunities as they come available.